25-5A-24. Written report of counseling--Copy to Department of Social Services.
A written report of the counseling shall be submitted directly to the court, and a copy shall be mailed to the Department of Social Services. The report shall contain the following information regarding the birthparent counseled:
(1) A statement signed by the birthparent that certifies that each of the points listed in § 25-5A-24 were covered and fully understood;
(2) Identifying information of the birthparent, which includes the full name, address, and birth date of the birthparent; a summary of social history of the birthparent; and the reason for relinquishment;
(3) The name, address, agency affiliation, or credentials of the social worker;
(4) The dates and number of hours that counseling occurred;
(5) The total number of hours of counseling;
(6) Documentation of the discussion of the topics listed in § 25-5A-23;
(7) Documentation of efforts to locate the alleged, legal, or presumed father or birthmother and the cooperation or lack of cooperation of that parent;
(8) The cost of the counseling and who has or is expected to pay for the counseling.
Source: SL 1994, ch 197, § 3; SL 1996, ch 165.
Get Chapter 25-5A