Codified Laws

Text Search

Enter the text to search for and click Search to get a list of statutes containing the text you entered. Tips:
  • Multiple words will be searched as a phrase. Entering Property Tax will return statutes that contain the complete phrase Property Tax.
  • Logical Operators are allowed. Hunting and Fishing will return statutes that containing both hunting and fishing. Hunting or Fishing will return statutes that contain hunting, fishing, or both.
  • Wild cards(*) are allowed. Entering Approp* will return statutes that contain Appropriation, Appropriate, Appropriated, etc..
  • Punctuation can also be used as operators. + = and, , = or. Searching for phrases that have , and will result in error unless you enclose the entire phrase in quotes.
The Filter option allows you to narrow your search results to a specific Title or Chapter. Here is a tip for using the filter option.
  • Use a dash (-) as the last character of your filter to refine searches. For example the filter "1-1" returns sections in 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-12, etc. The filter "1-1-" returns only sections in Chapter 1-1.

Quick Find

Type the Statute number you are looking for in the form Title-Chapter-Section . Examples(1-1-1.1, 27A-11A-12, etc.)

The Get Statute button can be used to locate a specific statute. You may type in a title, chapter, or section number. Example: typing 1 will return the chapter list for Title 1, typing 1-1 will return the section list for chapter 1-1, typing 1-1-1 will return section 1-1-1 of the statutes.

The Get Chapter button can be used to load a complete chapter of the statutes. This function requires a title and a chapter number. Examples: 1-1, 57A-1, 1-3

     26-7A-109.   Petition for modification or termination of custody decree on change of circumstances. If custody of a child has been vested by the court in an individual, institution, or agency, other than the Department of Corrections, a parent whose parental rights have not been terminated, or a former guardian or custodian of the child may petition the court for restoration of custody or other modification or termination of the prior custodial order or decree on the ground that a change of circumstances has occurred which requires the modification or termination in the best interests of the child, the public and the state.

Source: SDC 1939, § 43.0328 as added by SL 1968, ch 164, § 17; SL 1991, ch 217, § 105B; SDCL, § 26-8-62; SL 1996, ch 172, § 13.

Get Chapter 26-7A
Back to Chapter 26-7A

Click message to listen