3-24-3. Review and investigation of allegations of misconduct. The State Government Accountability Board may review and investigate any person holding a statewide office, as defined in § 12-27-1, and employees of the executive branch of the state regarding:
(1) Allegations of impropriety related to any contract, grant, or loan with any public entity that provides the authority to any other entity to expend public funds;
(2) Documents filed under chapter 3-23 or alleged violations relating to conflicts of interest;
(3) Allegations of a direct or indirect interest in a contract in violation of the constitution or law;
(4) Allegations of malfeasance;
(5) Allegations of misappropriation of public funds;
(6) Allegations of use of false instruments to obtain public funds;
(7) Allegations of theft or embezzlement of public funds;
(8) Allegations of bribery; or
(9) Allegations of use of public money not authorized by law or in violation of the constitution.
The board may establish its own procedures, issue subpoenas, administer oaths, and take sworn testimony.
Source: SL 2017, ch 32, § 3.
Get Chapter 3-24