32-15-35. Definitions--Aftermarket crash parts.
Terms used in § 32-15-36 mean:
(1) "Aftermarket crash part," a replacement for any of the nonmechanical sheet metal or plastic parts which generally constitute the exterior of a motor vehicle, including inner and outer panels;
(2) "Installer," an individual who actually does the work of replacing or repairing parts of a motor vehicle;
(3) "Insurer," an insurance company and any person authorized to represent the insurer with respect to a claim;
(4) "Nonoriginal equipment manufacturer (Non-OEM) aftermarket crash part," aftermarket crash parts not made for or by the manufacturer of the motor vehicle;
(5) "Repair facility," any motor vehicle dealer, garage, body shop, or other commercial entity which undertakes the repair or replacement of those parts that generally constitute the exterior of a motor vehicle.
Source: SL 1990, ch 408, § 1.
Get Chapter 32-15