32-26-50. Promulgation of rules authorizing certain motor vehicles to travel at electronically coordinated speeds and distance intervals closer than otherwise allowed.
The Transportation Commission shall promulgate rules, pursuant to chapter 1-26, to authorize the testing and operation of groups of individual motor vehicles traveling in a unified manner at electronically coordinated speeds and distance intervals that are closer than otherwise allowed under §§ 32-26-40 to 32-26-42, inclusive. The commission may include in the rules:
(1) The procedures for the requesting and granting of authority for testing and operation;
(2) A fee, not to exceed one hundred dollars, to cover the administrative costs of granting authority for testing and operation;
(3) Reporting requirements;
(4) Authorized routes;
(5) Authorized times and periods of operation;
(6) Authorized vehicle types;
(7) Required vehicle markings;
(8) Driver requirements;
(9) Prohibited use related to weather, highway conditions, special events, traffic incidents, emergencies or other contingencies; and
(10) Any speed, size, and operational restrictions the commission deems appropriate.
Source: SL 2019, ch 131, § 1.
Get Chapter 32-26