32-3-57. Power of secretary to make rules and require uniformity in administration of statutes--Duty of local officials.
The secretary of revenue may promulgate rules pursuant to chapter 1-26 and issue instructions as are necessary to ensure and obtain uniformity in the administration of the provisions of this chapter. Rules may be adopted in the following areas:
(1) Application requirements for new vehicles, trailers, snowmobiles, and mobile homes;
(2) Certificate of title for vehicles previously registered, time limits of making application, duplicate certificates, and transfer of certificate of title;
(3) Assignment of certificate of title;
(4) Corrections of titles and procedure when there is a body type change;
(5) Lien recording, assignment of liens, execution of cancellation of liens, and delivery of certificate of title;
(6) Transfer of ownership;
(7) Registration tax dealers guides for used vehicles or mobile homes, older motor vehicles and government vehicles, title and license requirements, nonresident reciprocity, manufacturer's price sticker, wrecked motor vehicles, leased vehicles, and homemade vehicles; and
(8) Establishment of a transaction fee for online access to the title and registration system that does not exceed fifty cents for each transaction.
All local officials charged with the administration of the provisions of this chapter are governed in their official acts by the rules promulgated by the secretary.
Source: SDC 1939, § 44.0213; SDCL § 32-3-55; SL 1982, ch 18, § 9; SL 1987, ch 82, § 49; SL 1989, ch 257, § 46; SL 2004, ch 17, § 44; SL 2008, ch 148, § 2; SL 2011, ch 1 (Ex. Ord. 11-1), § 161, eff. Apr. 12, 2011.