32-6E-1. Definition of terms.
Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) "Community," the franchisee's area of responsibility as stipulated in the franchise. A community has a minimum radius of ten miles around an existing dealership;
(2) "Department," the Department of Revenue;
(3) "Franchise," a written agreement or contract between a franchisor and a franchisee which fixes the legal rights and liabilities of the parties to such agreement or contract;
(4) "Franchisee," any person who receives snowmobiles from a franchisor under a franchise and who offers and sells the snowmobiles to the general public;
(5) "Franchisor," any person engaged in the manufacturing or distribution of snowmobiles including any person who acts for the franchisor;
(6) "Manufacturer," any person who manufactures or assembles snowmobiles and who issues the original or first manufacturer's statement of origin. The term, manufacturer, includes a central or principal sales corporation through which it distributes its products to franchised dealers;
(7) "Snowmobile dealer," any person who, for commission or with intent to make a profit or gain, sells, exchanges, rents with option to purchase, offers, or attempts to negotiate a sale or exchange of new or used snowmobiles, or who is engaged wholly or in part in the business of selling new or used snowmobiles.
Source: SL 1994, ch 248, § 1; SL 2004, ch 17, § 96; SL 2011, ch 1 (Ex. Ord. 11-1), § 161, eff. Apr. 12, 2011.