34A-1-6. Promulgation of rules--Purpose--Violation. The Board of Minerals and Environment may promulgate rules pursuant to chapter 1-26:
(1) To establish ambient air quality standards;
(2) To specify kind and composition of fuel sold, stored, or used;
(3) To establish requirements for open burning;
(4) To require records and maintenance of records, reports, install, use, and maintain monitoring equipment;
(5) To establish methods including sampling of emissions for air pollution sources;
(6) To establish requirements for methods and installation of machines or devices to prevent or significantly reduce air emissions;
(7) To establish procedures for attainment and maintenance of ambient air quality standards;
(8) To monitor ambient air quality;
(9) To establish procedures for variances and renewal of variances; and
(10) To establish air quality standards, requirements and procedures related to incinerators for municipal solid waste.
A violation of the rules promulgated pursuant to this section is subject to § 34A-1-39.
Source: SL 1970, ch 203, § 5 (1); SDCL Supp, § 34-16A-12; SL 1977, ch 280, § 4; SL 1980, ch 238, § 10; SL 1990, ch 283, § 1; SL 1992, ch 158, § 6A.
Get Chapter 34A-1