Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) "Board," the Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology;
(2) "Department," the Department of Health;
(3) "Endoscopy," an imaging procedure included within the scope of practice for speech-language pathologists in which a speech-language pathologist uses a flexible/nasal endoscopy, rigid/oral endoscopy, or stroboscopy for the purpose of evaluating and treating disorders of speech, voice, resonance, and swallowing function;
(4) "Mentorship," the direct on-site supervision and monitoring of a speech-language pathologist with a provisional license by a licensed speech-language pathologist;
(5) "Provisional license," the license issued to an applicant who is practicing speech-language pathology while completing the supervised postgraduate professional experience following completion of master's degree in speech-language pathology;
(6) "Speech-language pathologist," any person who engages in the practice of speech-language pathology and who meets the qualifications set forth in this chapter;
(7) "Speech-language pathology assistant," any person who assists in the practice of speech-language pathology and who meets the qualifications set forth in this chapter; and
(8) "Telepractice," "telespeech," "telespeech-language pathology," or "telehealth," whether used separately or together. Telepractice service means the application of telecommunication technology to deliver speech-language pathology at a distance for assessment, intervention, or consultation.
Source: SL 2012, ch 196, § 1.