36-37-14. Requirements for licensure.
To be eligible for licensure by the board as a speech-language pathologist, the applicant shall:
(1) Submit an application, upon a form prescribed by the board;
(2) Pay the application fee;
(3) Possess a master's or doctoral degree from an educational institution accredited by the accrediting agency of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and from an educational institution approved by the United States Department of Education;
(4) Complete supervised clinical practicum experiences from an educational institution or its cooperating programs;
(5) Complete a supervised postgraduate professional experience;
(6) Pass a written national examination in speech-language pathology; and
(7) Have committed no act for which disciplinary action may be justified.
Source: SL 2012, ch 196, § 14.
Get Chapter 36-37