36-37-18. Speech-language pathology assistant licenses.
The board shall issue a speech-language pathology assistant license to an applicant who:
(1) Submits an application, upon a form prescribed by the board;
(2) Pays the application fee;
(3) Holds an associate's degree in speech-language pathology assisting or a bachelor's degree with major emphasis in speech-language pathology or communication disorders from an accredited academic institution;
(4) Submits an official transcript verifying necessary academic preparation and clinical experiences;
(5) Completes a supervised clinical practicum of a minimum of one hundred clock hours as a speech-language pathology assistant while either on the job or during academic preparation; and
(6) Has committed no act for which disciplinary action is justified.
Source: SL 2012, ch 196, § 18.
Get Chapter 36-37