36-9A-4. Licensing requirements.
No person may be licensed to practice as a certified nurse practitioner or certified nurse midwife unless the person:
(1) Is currently licensed by the Board of Nursing as a registered nurse or has a privilege to practice;
(2) Has completed an approved program for the preparation of certified nurse practitioners or certified nurse midwives;
(3) Has passed any examination, written or oral, or both, which the board may require; and
(4) Has completed a minimum of one thousand forty practice hours as a licensed certified nurse practitioner or certified nurse midwife; or
(5) Has a written collaborative agreement with a physician, licensed pursuant to chapter 36-4, or a certified nurse practitioner or certified nurse midwife licensed under this chapter, to meet the one thousand forty hour practice requirement; and
(6) Is otherwise qualified under § 36-9A-29.
Source: SL 1979, ch 256, § 4; SL 1995, ch 218, § 7; SL 1999, ch 192, § 12; SL 2017, ch 171, § 7.
Get Chapter 36-9A