38-24A-9. Scope of rules relating to regulated area--Publication of notice. The secretary may promulgate rules pursuant to chapter 1-26:
(1) To provide standards and procedures for location, suppression, prevention, retardation, and control of the spread of pests;
(2) To provide standards and procedures for plant quarantines and embargoes;
(3) To provide restrictions for the movement of pests, hosts, and regulated articles from quarantined or embargoed areas;
(4) To provide standards and procedures to seize, treat, or dispose of pests, hosts, or regulated articles;
(5) To provide standards for restrictions regarding inspection, disinfection, treatment, and certification of plants from quarantined or regulated areas; and
(6) To establish fees for inspection and certification or to recover costs for pest control efforts.
In addition to the reporting requirements of chapter 1-26 notice of the rules shall be published in such newspapers in the quarantined area as the secretary may select.
Source: SL 1971, ch 220, § 5; SL 1986, ch 326, § 56.
Get Chapter 38-24A