40-1-25. Administration and enforcement of provisions regarding livestock and dangerous animals--Promulgation of rules.
The board shall administer and enforce the provisions of this chapter concerning cattle, horses, sheep, swine, and other livestock. In addition, the board may address situations involving dangerous animals, including nonlivestock animals, under the provisions of §§ 40-1-23 and 40-1-24. The board may issue orders for the execution of the powers conferred upon it by this chapter. The board may promulgate rules, pursuant to chapter 1-26, which may address cattle, horses, sheep, swine, and other livestock and dangerous animals, and which shall include:
(1) Procedures for filing complaints;
(2) Reasons for and methods of euthanizing animals;
(3) Specific standards and accepted food, water, protection from the elements, sanitation facilities, and care;
(4) Procedures and methods for impoundment;
(5) Methods for transferring ownership of impounded animals;
(6) Methods of investigating reported inhumane treatment;
(7) Methods for contracting with law enforcement officers, humane societies, or others to serve as agents for the board;
(8) Methods for certifying the proper training for agents of the board;
(9) Procedures and criteria for the euthanasia of animals pursuant to § 40-1-13; and
(10) Procedures for dealing with dangerous animals.
Source: SL 1991, ch 331, § 9; SL 1993, ch 306; SL 2014, ch 194, § 18.