40-1-34. Disposition of impounded animals. An animal impounded under this chapter shall, within reasonable time at the direction of the board, any agent or officer of a humane society, or any peace officer be disposed of by:
(1) Returning to the owner or caretaker;
(2) Transferring ownership to a humane society as described in chapter 40-2;
(4) Sold through public auction;
(5) Transferring ownership to a suitable caretaker or facility as prescribed in rule by the board; or
(6) Any other disposition as determined by the board, any agent or officer of a humane society, or any peace officer in accordance with rules promulgated pursuant to § 40-1-25.Source:
SL 1991, ch 331, § 34.
Get Chapter 40-1