41-23-19. Report to Executive Board of Legislative Research Council--Hearings.
Before June 2, 2019, but after April 1, 2019, the department shall deliver a report to the Executive Board of the Legislative Research Council which includes the following:
(1) An estimate of the number of acres of nonmeandered lakes open for public recreation and the number of acres of nonmeandered lakes marked pursuant to § 41-23-5;
(2) For the agreements contemplated pursuant to § 41-23-3, a statistical summary relative to:
(a) Agreements reached with landowners;
(b) Negotiations in progress;
(c) Failed negotiations;
(d) Number of inquiries from landowners to commence negotiations;
(3) An analysis of the agreements pursuant to § 41-23-3 compared to voluntary walk in access programs for landowners;
(4) A listing of transportation lanes set pursuant to § 41-23-17; and
(5) A summary of complaints, prosecutions, convictions, or other resolution of violations on nonmeandered waters pursuant to §§ 41-23-6 and 41-23-18.
Following receipt and public dissemination of the report, the executive board or a designated committee of the executive board shall hold one or more public hearings, which shall occur before September 3, 2019, to discuss the report and solicit input from landowners, recreational users, and the general public.
Source: SL 2017 (SS), ch 1, § 20, eff. June 12, 2017.