58-11-64. Definition of terms.
Terms used in §§ 58-11-64 to 58-11-76, inclusive, mean:
(1) "Accident and health carrier," an entity licensed to offer accident and health insurance in this state, or subject to the insurance laws of this state, or subject to the jurisdiction of the director, that contracts or offers to contract to provide, deliver, arrange for, pay for, or reimburse any of the costs of health care services, or any insurer that provides policies of supplemental, disability income, medicare supplement, or long-term care insurance;
(2) "Director," the director of the Division of Insurance;
(3) "Health care services," services for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, cure, or relief of a health condition, illness, injury, or disease;
(4) "Policy form," any policy, contract, certificate, rider, endorsement, evidence of coverage, or any amendments thereto that are required by law to be filed with the director for approval prior to their sale or issuance for sale in this state;
(5) "Supplemental documents," documents required to be filed in support of policy forms that may or may not be subject to approval;
(6) "Type of insurance," those coverages listed on the NAIC Uniform Life, Accident and Health, Annuity, and Credit Product Coding Matrix under the headings Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Health, Long Term Care, and Medicare Supplement.
Source: SL 2008, ch 261, § 1.