58-17-170. Application of telehealth coverage requirements.
The requirements of §§ 58-17-168 and 58-17-169 apply to any health insurer offering any individual or group health insurance policy, contract, certificate, or plan delivered, issued for delivery, or renewed in South Dakota on or after January 1, 2020. The requirements of §§ 58-17-168 and 58-17-169 do not apply to any plan, policy, or contract providing coverage only for:
(1) Specified disease;
(2) Hospital indemnity;
(3) Fixed indemnity;
(5) Credit accident and health insurance;
(7) Prescription drug;
(8) Medicare supplement;
(9) Long-term care;
(10) Disability income insurance;
(11) Coverage issued as a supplement to liability insurance;
(12) Workers' compensation or similar insurance;
(13) Automobile medical payment insurance; or
(14) Individual health benefit plans of six-months or less duration that are not renewable.
The requirements of §§ 58-17-168 and 58-17-169 do not apply to services offered that are not part of the policy, contract, certificate, or plan offered and for which there is no premium charged.
Source: SL 2019, ch 211, § 4.
Get Chapter 58-17