36-37-18Speech-language pathology assistant licenses.

The board shall issue a speech-language pathology assistant license to an applicant who:

(1)    Submits an application, upon a form prescribed by the board;

(2)    Pays the application fee;

(3)    Holds an associate's degree in speech-language pathology assisting or a bachelor's degree with major emphasis in speech-language pathology or communication disorders from an accredited academic institution;

(4)    Submits an official transcript verifying necessary academic preparation and clinical experiences;

(5)    Completes a supervised clinical practicum of a minimum of one hundred clock hours as a speech-language pathology assistant while either on the job or during academic preparation; and

(6)    Has committed no act for which disciplinary action is justified.

Source: SL 2012, ch 196, § 18.