3-9-9. Household moving allowance--Persons entitled.

All full-time officers and employees, except elected constitutional officers of the State of South Dakota, may receive a household moving allowance as provided by this section.

If a full-time officer or employee has been continuously employed by the state for a period of not less than six months and is ordered by the department, institution, board, commission, or other state agency to move from a headquarter duty station in South Dakota to another headquarter duty station in South Dakota, and if such transfer is made at the request and for the benefit of the State of South Dakota, the officer or employee shall be reimbursed for household moving expenses incurred, as approved by the state auditor.

Source: SL 1963, ch 292; SL 1968, ch 195, § 1; SL 1972, ch 20; SL 1976, ch 35; SL 1979, ch 25; SL 1981, ch 21; SL 1984, ch 30, § 83; SL 2022, ch 13, § 1.