25-5-13. Residence of child--Right to change--Procedure.

A parent entitled to the custody of a child has the right to change the child's residence, subject to the power of the circuit court to restrain a removal that would prejudice the rights or welfare of the child. A parent desiring to relocate a minor child shall follow the provisions of §§ 25-4A-17 to 25-4A-19, inclusive.

Source: SDC 1939, § 14.0306; SL 2020, ch 106, § 2.