3-9-9. Household moving allowance--State transfers--Eligibility and amount.

A current full-time officer or employee, except an elected constitutional officer of the State of South Dakota, may receive a household moving allowance.

The officer or employee is eligible for the allowance if the officer or employee is transferred by the department, institution, board, commission, or other state agency to move from the officer's or employee's headquarter duty station in South Dakota to another headquarter duty station in South Dakota, if the duty stations are at least fifty miles apart. The officer or employee may be paid up to an amount equal to three months of the officer’s or employee’s salary but not to exceed fifteen thousand dollars. The amount must be provided by the agency head in the offer letter to the officer or employee.

Source: SL 1963, ch 292; SL 1968, ch 195, § 1; SL 1972, ch 20; SL 1976, ch 35; SL 1979, ch 25; SL 1981, ch 21; SL 1984, ch 30, § 83; SL 2022, ch 13, § 1; SL 2023, ch 13, § 2.