43-2A-5. Nonresident alien becoming bona fide resident--Right to acquire agricultural land.

Any foreign person who is or becomes a resident may acquire and hold agricultural land in this state, upon the same terms as a resident of this state, during the continuance of the residency.

If the foreign person ceases to be a resident, the foreign person has three years from the time the residency is terminated to dispose of agricultural land in excess of one hundred sixty acres.

Source: SL 1979, ch 291, § 3; SL 2024, ch 176, § 5.