Effective July 1, 2021
§ 1. [Effective July 1, 2021] Definitions.
Terms used in this article mean:
(1) "Department," the Department of Revenue or its successor agency;
(2) "Hemp," the plant of the genus cannabis, and any part of that plant, including the seeds thereof and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, isomers, acids, salts, and salts of isomers, whether growing or not with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than three-tenths of one percent on a dry weight basis;
(3) "Local government," means a county, municipality, town, or township;
(4) "Marijuana," the plant of the genus cannabis, and any part of that plant, including the seeds, the resin extracted from any part of the plant, and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds, or its resin, including hash and marijuana concentrate. The term includes an altered state of marijuana absorbed into the human body. The term does not include hemp, or fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination, or the weight of any other ingredient combined with marijuana to prepare topical or oral administrations, food, drink, or other products;
(5) "Marijuana accessory," any equipment, product, or material, which is specifically designed for use in planting, propagating, cultivating, growing, harvesting, manufacturing, compounding, converting, producing, processing, preparing, testing, analyzing, packaging, repackaging, storing, containing, ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing marijuana into the human body.
History: Proposed by initiated amendment (Constitutional Amendment A), approved Nov. 3, 2020, eff. Jul. 1, 2021.