34-22-9. State-wide system for prevention, control, and treatment of communicable disease--Promulgation of rules.
The department shall establish and direct the operations of a state-wide system for communicable disease prevention, control, and treatment. The department may promulgate rules, pursuant to chapter 1-26, to:
(1) Conduct communicable disease surveillance which includes detection, assessment, and analysis;
(2) Prescribe criteria for communicable disease case definitions;
(3) Prescribe procedures for communicable disease case and contact notification, referral, and management;
(4) Prescribe methods and procedures for the prevention and control of communicable disease;
(5) Prescribe methods and procedures for the control of communicable disease patients and carriers, including the monitoring, quarantine, and isolation of any patient or carrier;
(6) Prescribe medical and posttreatment supervision measures for communicable disease patients and carriers;
(7) Prescribe methods and procedures for the prevention and control of occupationally-related communicable diseases; and
(8) Prescribe procedures for infection prevention measures for communicable disease control and prevention.
Source: SL 1963, ch 380, § 5 (1); SL 1992, ch 246; SL 2015, ch 181, § 7.